Tape-recorded April 5, 2019, Newark, NJ– Panelists from across the country shared their perspectives on the nature of the dilemma and also supplied suggestions for countering the ravaging assault on Black communities.
National Town Hall Meeting
Gentrification “The Negro Removal Program” of the 21st Century
Where Do We Go from Here?
Day: Friday, April 5, 2019
Area: New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark New Jersey
Host: Mayor Ras J. Baraka, Mayor of Newark, NJ
Convener: Dr. Ron Daniels, President, Institute of the Black World 21st Century
Mediator: Host, Make It Plain, SIRIUSXM
– Rev. Louise Scott-Rountree, Clergy Affairs Manager, City of Newark, NJ
– Imam Aqeel Mateen, Imam of Masjid Ash Shifaa, President of United Muslim Inc., Newark, NJ
The Black National Anthem
– All Together together
– Carmelo Garcia, Chief Development Officer, Department of Housing and also Economic Development, City of Newark
The Occasion and Introduction of Moderator and also Panelists
– Dr. Ron Daniels, President, Institute of the Black World 21st Century
– Moderator, Mark Thompson, Host, Make It Plain, SIRIUSXM
– Dr. Julianne Malveaux, Political Economist, President Emeritus, Bennett College for Women, Washington, DC
– Dr. Jeffrey Lowe, Associate Professor, Department of Urban Planning as well as Environmental Policy, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
– Larry Hamm, Chairman, People’s Organization for Progress (POP), Newark, NJ
– Bishop Reginald Jackson, President, Council of Bishops, AME Church, Atlanta, GA.
– Ellen M. Lee, Director of Community Economic Development, New Orleans, LA.
– Charles Barron, New York State Assemblyman, East New York, NY.
– Samantha Master, Black Youth 100 Project, Baltimore, MD.
– Willie Barney, President & Facilitator, African American Empowerment Network, Omaha, NE.
– Dr. Safiya Omari, Chief of Staff, Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba,.
– Rev. Dr. Sheridan “Todd” Yeary, Vice-President/ Chief Strategist Engagement as well as Programs, Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, Chicago, IL.
– Rev. Dr. Jonathan Weaver, Founding President, Collective Empowerment Group, Baltimore, MD.
– Fredrica Bey, New Jersey Coalition for Due Process, Newark, NJ.
Q&A with Audience using Index Cards time permitting.
Combating the Crisis of Gentrification in Black America.
– Mayor Ras J. Baraka.
Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW, IBW21).
The Institute of the Black World 21st Century is devoted to developing the capability of Black communities in the U.S. to help the social, political, social as well as economic upliftment, the growth of the worldwide Black neighborhood as well as an enhanced lifestyle for all marginalized people.
Look into our internet site– https://ibw21.org.
Support IBW21– https://ibw21.org/support.
Sign-up for IBW21 Newsletters– https://ibw21.org/newsletter.
Comply With IBW21 on Twitter– https://twitter.com/IBW21st.
Follow IBW21 on Facebook– https://www.facebook.com/InstituteOfTheBlackWorld/.
#Gentrification, #BlackCommunities, #Housing, #HomeOwnership #BlackBusinesses.